Thursday, December 20, 2007

Transportation 101 - the midterm exam

On Monday I return my bike to Primas. I leave it until after lunch and they replace the crank. They assure me that this time they have tightened everything and I will have no more trouble. We cordially part. I am back on wheels!

By Thursday my back tire is bulging and threatening to pop off the rim. I deflate it, reset it, and with moderate pressure it is still bulging. I assume the tube is kinked.

No worries, I will stop by in the morning and have them fix it.

As I pedal up the dark streets to town (I usually go to town about dawn) I feel a faintly familiar wobble. This time the LEFT crank falls to the ground.

To keep the story short - Primas stepped up to the plate and put it all back together. I am back on wheels. I even found some sewing machine oil so now I have the only bike in the Kingdom with an oiled chain.

No comments: