Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Gymn


Don't worry, the bike didn't break again (yet). I just included this shot so you can admire the beast and besides that is the gym behind.


It is the only gym in Tonga. In the entire country.


It exists to support the local rugby team and is open Mon-Fri 06:00 - 21:00. Sat 06:00 - 12:00 and closed (duh) on Sunday.


The gear is mostly old, but who care if the free weights are bit rusty? Not much here, but again they have the stuff I want, a bench for bench pressing, a preacher bench and a few universal machines.


I have started to meet the guys. I stand out. I am perhaps a third the size of the average weight lifting patron. I talk to a regular. His tattooed arms are HUGE. He is an attorney.


There are some palangis that come here, but mostly for the classes. There is a kickboxing class two nights a week, step one night, weight aerobics, and yoga on Saturday morning.


I'm pleased with the discovery. This is a better place to network than church since there is a lot of time to talk when working out.

No comments: