Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bang!

BANG! A woman by the road screams!

A red car has just hit me as I cycle down the road. Since I am on the left we are both traveling in the same direction. Thankfully this is a road in town so the differences in our rate of travel is probably only ten miles an hour.

The car's left wing mirror hits my wrist then the right horn on my bikes handlebar, thereby creating the noise that scared the woman (and yes myself).

I do not crash. I will have a bruise but I'll be OK. I see that the wing mirror has broken and is hanging from the side of the car. That's all I see since the driver has decided to boogie. Not an unexpected outcome. The only time I've seen drivers stop is when they hit a dog. Then they sometimes stop to grab the available meal.

By the way. I was on that road checking out the only store in Tonga that reportedly carries bicycle helmets. No luck, all they carry is kids skateboard helmets. I kinda liked the pink one with the ladybugs on it, but it didn't fit.

1 comment:

Madi said...

Aghh! I am glad that you are okay!
I love your description in this entry, it makes me smile. =)

I miss you a lot!